A couple of things about Isaac I wanted to share. Yesterday he was outside playing and he was ready to come in so I told him to wipe his feet. He looked at me, then crouched down and took the edge of his shirt to wipe the top of his shoe - like, whatever makes you happy mom. Looks like we haven't done much training on wiping feet.
Another thing - we did in fact finally get rid of his pacifier. That was our new years resolution - and we've followed through..... then he started sucking his thumb or any finger he had available. For awhile we just told him to take it out of his mouth but that stopped working recently. We tried vinegar and he kind of liked it. Jake attempted hot sauce, but that is too mean and then he would rub his eyes afterwards, too scary. So I looked online and found a nailpolish called Mavala Stop. I put it on him yesterday while he was asleep and I think this might work. The 2nd half of the day yesterday he would do a whole lot of spitting if he put a finger in his mouth - he would look like a mad dog. By the time the night rolled around I think he had accidentally done it enough that he started to wear off the nail polish, so i reapplied after he fell asleep again. Lots of spitting again so far today, and he's keeping his fingers out of his mouth. Cross your fingers for us! I think this might save us some serious dental bills later.
Isaac really likes Thomas the tank engine these days. He also loves playing on the "tramp-e-lean" with his siblings in the backyard. He just bounces right along with them. Generally a happy little buddy.
Oliver's First Day of Pre-K
11 years ago

1 comment:
ooo what a battle! For what its worth, my parents tried to use the nail polish stuff on me and I sucked it right off time and time again, but eventually stopped sucking my fingers on my own.
Post a Comment